Sharing my blog

As I mentioned in the title blurb - I am sharing this blog because I was asked to … NOT to highlight my health problems but to offer hope.
SO- If sharing my journey helps even one person to cope with a cancer diagnosis such as PMP/Appendix cancer then I am very happy indeed!!
Life is such a blessing each & everyday!
Treasure each of the small things life brings
- and always remember -
The small things in life are really the BIG things!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!
Sharing a quote from Stuart Scott of ESPN who passed from PMP/Appendix Cancer after a fight of many years. This quote was part of his speech at the ESPY Awards and is good food for thought!

"You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live!"

Remembering & honouring our PMP Angels everyday - sadly missed.

Magic Moments

Magic Moments

Sunday, April 11, 2010

all resolved

A quick post .... after over 3 months of surviving on liquids and soft foods whatever was causing the digestive problems and intense pain has resolved itself...
Even though we don't know the actual cause I am very happy things are back to normal (well the new normal post PMP anyway)
A piece of twisted bowel was picked up on a CT Scan and was reported as a possible congenital defect ... funny that in what seems like hundreds of CT scans prior to and since surgery in 2001 it has never been noted before ... mmm?
Anyway that piece of twisted bowel just so happens to be in the very area of pain & problems ... a coincidence? I doubt it ...
Hoping , praying and fingers crossed the pain & partial obstruction (??) doesn't recur .. but in the meantime I am enjoying my food!!!
Hugs, Kay :)

4 comments:

Dave said...

Hello,
My name is David and I am yet another PMP survivor. I was diagnosed about a year ago and underwent surgery at Basingstoke Hospital on 2nd Feb of this year. Like you I too have written a blog detailing my journey-
http://cavecrawlerstory.blogspot.com/

Dave

pauline said...

my name is Pauline and I think I was one of the first to be diagnosed with PMP in August 1999 I had my surgery at Basingstoke in February 2002 and have never looked back. When I was diagnosed, no one had ever seen this disease before at the very hospital where I worked (QMC in Nottingham) There was no one to talk to about my disease, no web site, no information at all I felt very alone and afraid. I would like to add my story to the web site, but try as I might, can find no link to do so.

keeshamist said...

Pauline you were not able to add your story because it is my personal blog & not a forum ... I have been very happy to add your story to my page as well as Dave's story ....
I have my 10 year "survivor-versary" coming up on May 25th this year!! (woo hoo)
I do know of others on the yahoo PMP bellybutton forum who are longer term survivors than me ... one I know is 13 years out form diagnosis & surgery.
It is wonderful for people who are newly diagnosed to have hope - that is why I want to share my story & why I stay active on the forums & Facebook PMP groups .... I feel very blessed to be here & I am "paying it forward" .... IN case you don't see thsi reply I will now go to you page & post it there,
Aussie hugs, A fellow long term PMP survivor, Kay:)

keeshamist said...

All people's comments are now emailed to me so I can respond to any queries promptly ... I am very aware that I have missed comments from time to time because they may be on older posts ... this should solve that problem ...
OH it also allows me to delete those pesky scam comments that relate to "PMP [management] training" .... (they obviously don't read the articles they are commenting on LOL )
If you or a loved one has recenlty been diagnosed with PMP, or are somehere on your journey, I wish you well & hope that my story, the links to other stories and/or the links to further information is helpful for you.
Cheers Kay :)