Sharing my blog

As I mentioned in the title blurb - I am sharing this blog because I was asked to … NOT to highlight my health problems but to offer hope.
SO- If sharing my journey helps even one person to cope with a cancer diagnosis such as PMP/Appendix cancer then I am very happy indeed!!
Life is such a blessing each & everyday!
Treasure each of the small things life brings
- and always remember -
The small things in life are really the BIG things!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!
Sharing a quote from Stuart Scott of ESPN who passed from PMP/Appendix Cancer after a fight of many years. This quote was part of his speech at the ESPY Awards and is good food for thought!

"You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live!"

Remembering & honouring our PMP Angels everyday - sadly missed.

Magic Moments

Magic Moments

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A follow up on my surgery

It has been 3 weeks now since my surgery so I thought I should follow up my pre-surgery post.
Unfortunately the surgery wasn't the small keyhole surgery we had hoped for. I ended up with the full length incision once again (3rd time on the same scar - I think he should have installed a zipper LOL).
When the Prof inserted the camera to prepare for keyhole he realised the scar tissue/adhesions were very extensive throughout the entire abdomen. He then proceeded to do an open surgery, scraping the scar tissue/adhesions off every bit of remaining small bowel. Unfortunately the small bowel burst in 3 places during surgery - the upside is that it was in a controlled way & it was able to be repaired without losing any more bowel.
The Prof put a gel called Adept into the abdominal cavity before closing - this is supposed to inhibit excess scar tissue from developing in the crucial first days after surgery. He said he can't guarantee it will help but it won't do any harm.

Although it will be another long road to recovery, the best news ever is that there appeared to be no recurrence of PMP!!! Woo Hoo!

I see the Prof for my post-op check up on Nov 2nd so will get more details from him then re pathology etc
Hopefully I will be a bit further along the road to full recovery by then - at the moment I am taking one day at a time.

more later,
Kay :)

2 comments:

keeshamist said...

All people's comments are now emailed to me so I can respond to any queries promptly ... I am very aware that I have missed comments from time to time because they may be on older posts ... this should solve that problem ...
OH it also allows me to delete those pesky scam comments that relate to "PMP [management] training" .... (they obviously don't read the articles they are commenting on LOL )
If you or a loved one has recenlty been diagnosed with PMP, or are somehere on your journey, I wish you well & hope that my story, the links to other stories and/or the links to further information is helpful for you.
Cheers Kay :)

shane said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.