Sharing my blog

As I mentioned in the title blurb - I am sharing this blog because I was asked to … NOT to highlight my health problems but to offer hope.
SO- If sharing my journey helps even one person to cope with a cancer diagnosis such as PMP/Appendix cancer then I am very happy indeed!!
Life is such a blessing each & everyday!
Treasure each of the small things life brings
- and always remember -
The small things in life are really the BIG things!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!
Sharing a quote from Stuart Scott of ESPN who passed from PMP/Appendix Cancer after a fight of many years. This quote was part of his speech at the ESPY Awards and is good food for thought!

"You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live!"

Remembering & honouring our PMP Angels everyday - sadly missed.

Magic Moments

Magic Moments

Monday, June 9, 2014

13 wonderful years - blessed!


I am a bit behind with my posts (as usual LOL) but wanted to share this;
 May 25th 2014 was my 13 year "Survivor-versary"!!!
I initially hesitated to post this on my support groups because - as many people know all too well - we have had too many losses in our 'PMP family' - and so many just recently. With much careful consideration I decided to post it to give hope & share some good news at a time when we could all do with some!

On May 25th 2001, 13 years ago - during surgery - I was found to have an abdomen full of a rare cancer called PMP [originating from the appendix] & the outlook was grim. Hubby received 'that phone call' that no loved one ever wants to hear …. 'It doesn't look good - prepare for the worst' …. the fight began ….
My journey has had many twists, turns & potholes & they continue (if it was a real road we would wonder where the Government is spending the revenue LOL) but this is my 'new normal' and I feel very blessed to be here & - along with my hubby - to have watched our kidults grow & enjoy being Grammy to our sweet Letterbox Fairy!!
There is always a positive side to everything & I have made so many wonderful friends from all around the world in the "PMP community" - we are like one big family of support & encouragement ...
I have stayed active on support groups over the years to "pay it forward' by offering support & giving hope to all those newly diagnosed with this rare cancer and try to spread as much awareness as possible ...
As I celebrated this special day I remembered some wonderful friends who are now our PMP Angels watching over us [too many] & those that are fighting just to stay with us - I pray that one day there will be better diagnosis & a cure (and many wonderful people in our PMP family work so hard toward this raising valuable research $$$ - they are Angels on Earth!!)
So even though I celebrate I also want everyone to take a moment to remember & pray for those who are not so fortunate .... JKG everyone & always take the time to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you at every opportunity xxxxxxxxx
Aussie hugs all - feeling blessed!!! 

5 comments:

keeshamist said...

Comments should be emailed to me (testing this process)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.