Sharing my blog

As I mentioned in the title blurb - I am sharing this blog because I was asked to … NOT to highlight my health problems but to offer hope.
SO- If sharing my journey helps even one person to cope with a cancer diagnosis such as PMP/Appendix cancer then I am very happy indeed!!
Life is such a blessing each & everyday!
Treasure each of the small things life brings
- and always remember -
The small things in life are really the BIG things!!!

LIFE IS GOOD!
Sharing a quote from Stuart Scott of ESPN who passed from PMP/Appendix Cancer after a fight of many years. This quote was part of his speech at the ESPY Awards and is good food for thought!

"You beat cancer by how you live, why you live and the manner in which you live!"

Remembering & honouring our PMP Angels everyday - sadly missed.

Magic Moments

Magic Moments

Monday, March 9, 2015

OMGoodness ... another post within a couple of days! That's a shock ;) ;)
I got a bit of sense of 'I need to review this blog' when I read through here yesterday.


As I explained I started this blog (many years ago now) because I was asked to tell my story/share my journey to help others. PMP can often be an 'isolating' cancer to be diagnosed with be cause it is so rare. Back in 2001 I felt very isolated (back then it was said to affect only one in a million - see everyone - I always told you I was one in a million **wink wink**) . I had never heard of it so knew nobody who had it.
I did some searching on the internet (My surgeon had given me a couple of reputable sites to read - one of them being Dr Paul Sugarbaker's surgical oncology site)

 I came across the PMP Pals site a while after my surgery but I was very new to the internet  and was very reluctant to pay for anything online. I think it was 2003 when I discovered PMPBellybuttons on Yahoo. Initially I was reluctant to sign up - still a little afraid of putting my details online. When I did sign up I was so warmly welcomed by  [our now PMP Angel] Kevin & the support group soon became like a lifeline & the members like family!

Over the years more online support groups have popped up & with the extensive use of Facebook there are many PMPers across the globe who are as close as a few keyboard strokes at any time of the day & night!  I have grown so close to so many people whom I may never meet face to face - like  one big global 'PMP family'.   There are also some other wonderful web sites that I have in the links section ... but will talk about them more in the details I put in a section about PMP.

I have edited several sections already & over the next week or so will be editing some more & adding some more information about PMP - along with updated links to websites where people can find more detailed information and support!

UNFORTUNATELY when I edited I lost the few hyperlinks I had already done on the page ... so you can click on the list and go directly to that section instead of having to scroll through all of my 'babble' ...... that took me quite a while to achieve as the only way I can do it is to type in the actual HTML language ... I have not been able to find a 'quick fix' for those hyperlinks ...
so bare with me ... it will come ... eventually (giggles)

JKG (Just Keep Going) everyone
Aussie hugs,
Kay xx


3 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Kay,

My name is Helen, I live in Adelaide and I have just been diagnosed with PMP.

Firstly I wanted to say thank you so much for sharing your story. You are an inspiration. Reading stories such as yours makes me feel like I am not alone and gives me hope for the future.

I was wondering if there is any way we could get in contact directly? I am new to this condition, I am feeling quite overwhelmed and I don't really know where to start or how I can get in contact with other survivors for some support. Although I have a lot of family support which I am extremely grateful for, I am feeling quite isolated as this is such a rare condition and people don't seem to quite understand what I am dealing with.

I hope to hear from you :)
Helen xo

Herbs Solutions By Nature said...

Abdominal Adhesions make your typically tricky inside tissues and organs stick together. In any case, to control the seriousness of the infection and lighten the alleviate indications of pain and infertility; you can try Abdominal Adhesions Natural Treatment.

http://www.herbs-solutions-by-nature.com/Abdominal-Adhesions.php

Anonymous said...

thank for good post and sharing......

หนังออนไลน์